Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Miracle of Enrollment

The Miracle of Enrollment

“How did Lord Jesus turn water into wine?” a Theology professor once asked his class in an essay exam. One student wrote one sentence only, turned in his paper and got an A. This is what he wrote:

When the maiden saw the master, she blushed.

That is to say, when Mary recognized who Jesus was, she awakened to her own true nature – and in that breakthrough her world became transformed. The water turned into the finest wine.

So one might say Mary‘s faith turned the water into wine. But where did she get her faith from at that very moment? Let’s go back. There’s a wedding party and they’ve run out of wine, but there are cisterns of cool water nearby. Mary is worried how to host the guests. She turns to her son, “Come on, do something. Now or never.”

He looks at her. He sees into her. He sees her divinity. “Mary!” When he sees it, she sees it. (This is enrollment). When she sees who she is, she blushes; she changes worlds. She goes from survival into the realm of the miraculous. The water turns into wine.

So you could say by his seeing her divinity, Jesus turned the water into wine. Holy men and women are naturally enrolling. Wherever they go, they see our divine nature and then we see it too. That’s why they’re so lovable

We can also do this. Keep looking for people’s greatness. And when we see it, immediately they see it too. This is the miracle of enrollment.

Prahaladan 1/24/07

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is this glorious sunset? Red with mountains and water? To step into the world of the miraculous. To share this with a look that says you are more powerful than you dream. Anything is possible. Miracles are just a step away. I love this. Am I hearing you? I have been there. It is right here next to me. I remember miracles but turn away. I am used to less. I am afraid of my power. I feel that world pressing all around. Light leaking through the corners, pressing, but I have work to do. The sunsets beat like living things in my heart bringing the remembrance of the realm of miracles. There is limitless power here. I turn away.