Monday, September 6, 2010

Selections from S h o r t T a k e s
The Traveler’s Handy Weekly Torah Gita Calendar

The Eagle – A Call to Return
1. Heaven and earth are called to hear these words
2. That shower down as rain on young growth
3. Ask your ancestors and spiritual elders
to inform you and teach you
4. Is it not God, your father and mother

Who made you and makes you even now
5. Who establishes you and has you endure
6. A rock (solid foundation)

Whose actions are perfection
Whose ways are always just
7. God empowers and hovers above you

Like an eagle rousing its nest
8. If you become coarse and extravagant

You lose sight of God
9. God’s countenance becomes hidden

You are reduced to nothing
10. Leaving not trace of your existence

(Ayin, no-thing, just this!)
11. Your enemy is false perception
12. Thinking: There is no God

I am the one deserving credit
No discernment
13. Now clean the land

(dedicate all your thoughts and actions
To the benefit of all)
14. All nations bear witness.

My arrows are drunk with blood
My sword devours
(Look straight into these power images

This is an entrance)
15. Sweeping misfortune, bloated by famine

Ravaged by plague, deadly pestilence
The attack of fanged beasts let loose
Poisonous serpents creeping

And striking from the dust
The terror within and from without

Death dealt by the blade
To everyone: young men and maidens

The aged and babies
16. The strength of your enemies wanes

Even now (one’s foolishness is disempowered)
17. Who God vindicates is vindicated

God’s portion is those who choose God
18. See, there is none other than I;

I deal death and give life. I wound and heal
And I live forever (I am the I am)
Selections from Deuteronomy 32.1-52

No comments: